Notices

95 Accord EX problem. No torque after 3500 RPM.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Shounin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Accord EX problem. No torque after 3500 RPM.

I need advice about this issue; I have a 95 Accord EX auto tranny. When I need to speed up, hitting the gas firmly, after 3500 RPM the car becomes powerless; the RPM just increases but without torque response; then after a long way to 6000 RPM it shifts strongly rough. No CEL codes at all. Could it be my auto tranny or something like torque converter or VTEC engagement? It’s strange because sometimes when I hit the gas the tranny responds so well and the car speeds up with a lot of torque and shifts smoothly without signs of problem.

So far the Auto shop did a complete engine maintenance check up; I´ve replaced spark plugs and wires, all oils, gaskets, piston rings, bearings, vacuum hoses, air filter and timing belt. All sensors and valves cleaned and in good working condition.

There is only a couple of things to do like replacing the rear engine mount and to check a small oil leakage in the distributor, but I don’t think they´re causing the problem.

I need help on this; Anny suggestions?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
91 accordLX

i think you need to look at your tranny specificilly the torque converter. it sounds like the torque converter isnt engaging properly just a suggestion.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Shounin

Thanks for the reply. But is it possible to have a slipping auto tranny that sometime pushes hard and sometimes not? I know nothing about transmission issues…
Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
1998accordlx
VTEC INSIDE

same problem i was having before my tranny went out.....the car runs good and fast and its slow and sluggish some days.....

very interesting link http://www.levelten.com/store/honda.htm
Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Shounin

Thanks for the info. I’m not so sure if it’s the tranny; I´ve noticed that the problem occurs only when the car is hot. Soon I will do a complete check up about it in the tranny shop. Hope that it’s not the tranny otherwise I will sell this car.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"when the car is hot."
yup I had the same issue before my tranny went out on the 96 accord.