Notices

Urgent Help Wanted Honda Accord Interior Speaker Installation

Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
ginny69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Help Wanted Honda Accord Interior Speaker Installation

heyyy guys
i have a 1995 honda accord V6 LX i got 4 new interor speakers and wanna install them anyone know if its hard to do or easy
anyone have instructions
any help at all im relle hoping to do them tomarro so wenever you can post would be great thanks

oh and i dont thik the V6 matters on speaker installation but i threw it in there anyway
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Cousin It

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html
Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
ginny69

thanks but it doesnt have the instructions for rear and front speakers
i alrdy have a raido
Old 10-12-2007, 03:21 AM
ginny69

com on people some1's gotta know somethinggg
Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 AM
HarryT

Did you buy stock replacement speaker sizes? Front should be 6-1/4" round and rear should be 6-1/4" round, or optional 6"x9". The rear may have an adapter for either a round or oval installation. The hole opening in the rear deck will allow either.
As far as wiring adapters I don't know of any aftermarket plugs available. I just hardwired mine.
Installation: The front door panels have to be removed for the front exchange. Depending on the size of the speaker magnet (if too large) they may not let the speaker recess deep enough into the mount and a spacer will have to be fabricated to keep it from hitting the glass on the back side. I fabed mine from a piece of plastic UHMW sheet about 1/2" thick. I suppose a piece of 1/2" thick plywood could suffice. Most importantly you have to make shure to get a tight seal around the entire speaker to keep it from sounding like crap. You can't just put a nut behind the frame to set the speaker out from the opening. The screw holes in the door are kind of flemsey, they will strip out kind of easy, so be careful when tightening them up. there should be three of them. You will have to use longer screws also.
The rear is a piece of cake. It helps to remove the grill to gain access to the speaker screws. You do this from inside the trunk under the rear deck. there should be four screws on the bottom side, remove the grills from inside the car. You can then start removing the screws which hold the speakers to the adapter plate. Most aftermarket speakers come with a template to use as a pattern if you have to cut the hole larger, and drill new screw holes. If cutting and drilling is required you may have to get someone else to help you with this depending how well equipped you are with this. I did mine with a pair of sheet metal nibblers and drill. You can just use the supplied hardware that came with the speakers to complete the installation at this piont. One important item I may add is to make shure to polarize the speaker wiring connections + to + and - to -. If you don't they will sound like crap. I don't think they are marked on the factory speakers, but if they are, be shure to make note of the wire color code before disconnecting them.
Good Luck! you may find it easier to take it to an Audio Expert if you don't want to get into it this deep.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Dez420

Default 6x9 in rear install

if you bought 6x9's and they dont fit mount them under the panel in the trunk that way you dont have to cut into the car and you can replace the stock ones if you keep them whin you sell the ride