Notices

LCA Biushing question

Old 12-08-2002, 06:10 PM
DarkInfluence
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA Biushing question

http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/susp..._lca_bushings/

On the site in the pic with the problem/cure will that wheel make it harder for steering?

Also when you lower the car do you need to replace the oem bushings for somthing more durable like whats on that site? It sudjests Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushings but is it necessary? My right side of the back of my car looks like its tilting downwards. It did this on my stock struts/spring and even with my aftermarket strut/springs. Could this be the cause of bad bushings or the sort? Anyone know?
Old 12-08-2002, 06:34 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It can't hurt to replace your bushings. I have the ES kit on my civic and it made a good deal of difference. By replacing your bushings, you will not fix all of your camber problems when lowered. You need to get a camber correction kit like Ingals or Skunk2.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:03 PM
DarkInfluence
Banned

I forgot to mention that i have a camber kit and i have perfect camber all around. The back just looks like its tilted to the right for some reason. Im trying to think if that pic on that site could be the problem im haing.

BTW what site sells the bushings you said you got and what diffrence did it make or feel like?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:25 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

How easy are they to install? what about installation time? and how much for them?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:27 AM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Bad bushings can be responsible for a slight difference but I doubt that's your problem. Has your car ever been in an accident?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:50 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

How easy are they to install? what about installation time? and how much for them?
I have heard before that sometimes u have to torch them is that right?
Old 12-11-2002, 04:28 AM
DarkInfluence
Banned

I dont know if it has been in an accident or not. There is a place where I live that has a laser for 200$ can check to see if it has. Thats alot of money. If I go that route I'm basicly going to waste 200 just to find out if it has or not when I could have used that 200 into somthing more permentant that can be active not knowledge based.

You say a slight diffrence so that pic in that sight ist doing any bad to the wheel?
Old 12-11-2002, 06:06 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by HatchCX
I have heard before that sometimes u have to torch them is that right?
If you're interested in pricing PM me.

As for the installation, I had the use of a press so it wasn't that bad. I highly recommend this method of replacement. It took about an hour to do the entire front end. Installation is easy with a press.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:51 PM
undercover

I replaced my bushings without a hydraulic press. If you want to save some money, go ahead and try, but expect your car on jacks for a couple days.