Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Farewell to Yankee Stadium

Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, having "Babe Ruth" and other Yankee legends come out was pretty tasteful.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 AM
MQue
We got this

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the news yesterday they showed this room where lou gehrig would go into and cry due to him loosing feeling in his hands, so he would go into this side room because he didn't want the other players to see him
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went for my first time this year. it was pretty cool. we didn't get to walk around as much as i would've liked because we got there late though. it was definitely an interesting experience.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Tark

Favorite TV memory:
Something about senfield and the yankees
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by MQue
First game I went to was in 83 when Don Mattingly was playing for them. Same feeling I got when I went to the garden I got when you walk into YAnkee stadium, pure adrenalin. It sucks they're switching stadiums but it was needed, Yankee stadium was falling apart:cry:
ive never been to MSG but man when i first walked into Yankee Stadium, i can remember just kind of shutting everything out.... taking it all in and imagining all of the greats, Mantle, Joe D, Lou, the Babe... Yogi... like a scene from Field of Dreams.... the energy there, the aura of history and mystique... it might sound kind of hokey to people that had never been there but the place is magical in its own way. I hope that all of that crosses the street before next year...
Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

im really surprised that they just didnt make renovations to the existing stadium. Im a Boston fan and I can't imagine how our fans would react if their almost century old ball park was torn down. I honestly feel bad for Yankee fans.

Last edited by eonsx311; 09-22-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:05 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by eonsx311
im really surprised that they just didnt make renovations to the existing stadium. Im a Boston fan and I can't imagine how our fans would react to their almost century old ball park was torn down. I honestly feel bad for Yankee fans.
i was kind of bummed. only in America is a building that is < 100 years old considered too old. It's only been 30 years since it was las renovated so its not like it was so beyond repair that it couldnt have been refurbished.

but, i was glad for a few things.... they are still calling it YANKEE STADIUM instead of "US Cellular Field" or "SafeCo Park" etc... its nice to not be corporate sellouts. also, the new stadium is meant to be a throwback to the original yankee stadium in its design and layout so it does still have some historical value. Hopefully the execution is as strong as the intentions...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

Originally Posted by eonsx311
im really surprised that they just didnt make renovations to the existing stadium. Im a Boston fan and I can't imagine how our fans would react if their almost century old ball park was torn down. I honestly feel bad for Yankee fans.
thats my take on it.

instead of wasting so much money on rebuilding a new one, spend the same amount and renovate it so it still maintains its historical value.

its not like her majesty leaves Buckingham palace for a new crib just because its getting old kay:
Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by dubcac
The worse thing is a friend of mine who had paid over $100/seat for warriors tix last year. He gets to the gate, they scan his tickets...say he can't go in. Someone had faked tickets of his seats and gotten there before him.
what the hell, so why didnt they get the fakers out?