Notices

Front Brakes Dragging Need Help

Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
chrisrbts98gs
Bored Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Brakes Dragging Need Help

I have a 97 Acura Integra LS with 117,000 Miles on it.

The front brakes have been dragging so I replaced all the brakes on the car with ceramic brakes and got the rotors machined. The front brakes are still dragging even though the seals in the calipers are not broken. (however the rear brakes aren't dragging at all) I also re-greased the caliper slides.

The hydraulic brake fluid has never been flushed so I am going to do that, but I am thinking it is probably that the brake master cylinder is going bad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by chrisrbts98gs
I have a 97 Acura Integra LS with 117,000 Miles on it.

The front brakes have been dragging so I replaced all the brakes on the car with ceramic brakes and got the rotors machined. The front brakes are still dragging even though the seals in the calipers are not broken. (however the rear brakes aren't dragging at all) I also re-greased the caliper slides.

The hydraulic brake fluid has never been flushed so I am going to do that, but I am thinking it is probably that the brake master cylinder is going bad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
yep try changing the master cylinder. does the dragging get progressively worse, like when the fluid gets hotter and hotter?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Lynxs1981

I would check your rubber brake lines first. When they start to breakdown inside, they usually clog up allowing fluid into the caliper but not back out of it.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by Lynxs1981
I would check your rubber brake lines first. When they start to breakdown inside, they usually clog up allowing fluid into the caliper but not back out of it.

yep this is true also, it happens when douche techs let the calipers dangle by the brakelines when they change out pads. it makes the brake lines basically one way check valves