Notices
Hybrids Insight, Civic Hybrid, Accord Hybrid, & the CRZ: Go Green!

New Honda City unveiled in Thailand - is this the look of the new Insight?

Old 09-14-2008, 01:20 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Honda City unveiled in Thailand - is this the look of the new Insight?

Filed under: Hybrid, Honda, Green Daily, Asia

click for a gallery of the 2009 Honda City

The new Honda Insight concept was teased last week in advance of the vehicle's unveiling at the Paris Motor Show next month. We don't know that the production version will look like, but it'll be similar in some ways to the concept and different in others. That's a cop out, sure, but what else is there to know? How about by taking a look at the 2009 Honda City, which was just unveiled in Thailand and is based on the Fit/Jazz. An anonymous poster wrote to Carscoop that, "We'll definitely see a variant of this in the US. It'll have a slightly different profile from the c-pillar back, be a hatchback and will be called the 'Insight.' Due at dealers in April..."

Last year, Honda became one of the first international automakers to take advantage of Thailand's financial aid packages to get more green cars built domestically. As to what the local vehicles might reveal about Honda's global line-up, go ahead and compare the two cars in high-resolution galleries below. Do you think that anonymous is right? Thanks to Rob for the tip.

Gallery: 2009 Honda City

Gallery: Paris 08: Honda Insight concept

[Source: Carscoop]
Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
</img>

More...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. I wish we'd get that car here but a variant of it can't be bad, especially since we've needed a new hot hatch from Honda.

I've seen that grill somewhere before though.... I think I've decided the new stype of grill is what is going to have to grow on me over time.