Notices

1991 Acura Integra Under-voltage

Old 09-13-2008, 07:15 PM
91IntegraDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Acura Integra Under-voltage

I have a 1991 Integra GS. Some months ago, my alternator started going out. As it was on it's way out, many of my console lights would flash.

When I turned the lights on, nearly all of the warning lights on the console would flash, the rear window defogger switch light and the clock would flash. The radio stopped working and none of the interior lights would work. As I understand it, this is a "classic" Honda/Acura under-voltage problem.

The alternator finally died. I figured the flashing should be remedied after replacing the alternator.

After I got the alternator replaced, the flashing continued. I was told by an Acura tech that this could also be a battery problem. Since this was a very used car when I got it and I had no idea how old the battery was, I had the battery checked and replaced today. The flashing continues and the lights and radio still don't work.

Any suggestions of where to look next?

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Lynxs1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure on your model, but I know the later ones had a load detection module in the underhood fusebox. This module could cause some of these symptoms if it's bad. I am unsure of how to check if it's bad.