Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Update on the Azenis tires

Old 12-03-2002, 09:39 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on the Azenis tires

All I can say is WOOOOHOOOO:thumbup:

The absolute best 275 bucks I could have spent on a race improvement for my CRX. Absolutely amazing difference from street rubber. I picked up almost 6 seconds from my average from last track day. I would have taken second place in my bracket if I hadn't gotten a lil trigger happy and spun my last lap. Oh well, guess the rookie's still got some learnin to do
Old 12-09-2002, 11:03 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Spun your last lap?? You should have been able to point and stomp and pull the car the way you wanted... sounds like somebody lifted once the rear started coming around after getting a little throttle happy?

Once the weather warms up I think I'm going to go punish the yok A509's I have so that I can buy some new stickies [this is keeping me sane after just getting power back on after 104 hours and being surrounded by ice on the ground]
Old 12-09-2002, 02:24 PM
AwwsChwA

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Spun your last lap?? You should have been able to point and stomp and pull the car the way you wanted... sounds like somebody lifted once the rear started coming around after getting a little throttle happy?
yea, I still need to learn the point and stomp method. I've taught myself not to slam on the brakes when the car spins, so I'm makin progress
Old 12-09-2002, 02:25 PM
stephan
:exnbp:

Where did you purchase them ?
Old 12-14-2002, 08:42 PM
AwwsChwA

Originally posted by exnbp
Where did you purchase them ?
I had a Big-O tire store order em for me. I don't know of any place that has em in stock, but any store can get em for you within 5 days.

I played the pricing game between Big-O and Discount Tire. I got Big-O down to 56 bucks each, which Discount Tire said they couldn't beat. I think Discount sells em for 62 each.