Notices
Hybrids Insight, Civic Hybrid, Accord Hybrid, & the CRZ: Go Green!

My New Car!

Old 09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Car!

Ha ha, here's my 2008 Civic Hybrid. I traded in my WRX and got a great deal. Don't get me wrong though, she was fun and fast but nothing lasts forever.

Now with this car, of all things, I said I wouldn't modify it but I guess it's like once a gearhead. Obviously true performance mods are a little far fetched but I've already been thinking about a few things like the factory Bass Speaker System since it's lightweight and compact and a Civic SI RSB.

The wheels are off an 08 Accord sedan with Civic SI tires. I like the Accord wheels but the main reason I went with them is the SI's wheels won't fit! They hit the front brake calipers and you'd need about a half-inch spacer to make them roll right, which of course is out of the question. I have to say I love the Pilot Exaltos though. They are some really good tires IMO.

Here are some shots of when I first brought her home, and a few at the Bonneville Raceyway.

Last edited by bluetwo; 09-07-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:03 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

For an OEM design, those Accord alloys look damned good on there.
How's the gas mileage holding up... or is it too soon to tell? h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Thanks! I think what usually happens is Accords have 55 mm sidewalls or something which just doesn't look as good.

And yeah, it's getting GREAT gas mileage. Obviously it's not the end-all to my fuel economy woes but at least it's better than some.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:52 AM
gphuggan

Default new hybrid

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. I am new to the forum - I recently purchased a 2008 HCH (color - magnetic pearl (will post pictures soon)).

Love the car - how did you get the accord alloys on yours (dealer or aftermarket?)?