Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Car Enthusiast Labels - Spotlight

Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car Enthusiast Labels - Spotlight

Car Enthusiast Labels - Spotlight

Check out how some sort of label is attached to the car and its owner almost immediately."It's nice to see your car being used for what it was intended for instead of sitting in some stupid parking lot." If you frequent most any Honda forum, you've no doubt read this line countless times. It always makes me chuckle a little since my '93 Civic project car was intended, by Honda at least, to get me from point A to point B without using much gas, perhaps pick up some groceries, or maybe even scoot a college kid or two to and from the university. I never bought a Type R, an S2000, or an NSX (damn you Aaron!), but instead opted for an economy car. Honda never really intended to see it race through a deserted business park at 3 a.m., cut through local mountain back roads as the sun starts to crest, grind away lap after lap chasing down that boosted all-wheel-drive monster, or stand proudly in a sweltering parking lot while a judge decides if it's good enough for the owner to be handed some arbitrary piece of plastic like the ones often found in storage wrapped in cobwebs and sawdust. No, it was actually me. I'm the one who decided what the car was intended for, although I never actually told anyone. If you see my car posted on a Honda forum, most would probably assume it's a show car. They'd have no idea where it's taken me, how fast it's gone, or what kind of competition it's faced. Unfortunately, judging books by their covers is a standard online practice these days.

Photo Gallery: Car Enthusiast Labels - Tuner Editorial - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...