Notices

scraping noise on left turns and vibration at 2000RPM

Old 09-02-2008, 05:55 AM
500$accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scraping noise on left turns and vibration at 2000RPM

Is anyone familiar with scraping noises on a 96 Accord when you make a left turn? It is definitely related to how much force is put on the wheels, but it doesn't take much to start the noise. Strange thing is that it can be loud at first but becomes muted as the turn goes on. The car has ABS. The scraping noise is metallic. I just replaced the rear brakes but the noise did not go away. Honestly I am not even sure that it comes from the rear. The noise happes at the beginning of most left turns and even when swaying back and forth in the same

Another troubling noise is a vibration when accelerating and passing right through 2000 rpm This vibration feels like it is coming from right around my feet, but really could be anywhere toward the front of the car.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

My first guess is that you have a dragging caliper or maybe the heat/water shield is loose. I'd take the front wheels off and have a look. Nothing should be loose around the brakes, hub area.

Not that unusual for many engines to vibrate more at a certain rpm, a modified intake can sometimes make it more noticeable. Also could be that it's an issue with the exhaust, either that it's touching under the car and transmitting that vibration to the cabin, or maybe it's just dented somewhere and causing more vibration under hard acceleration.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:53 PM
batever

if the vibration is vehicle speed related as opposed to engine rpm related, then the inner cv joints could be the cause.
Not sure what it would be if RPM related.