Notices

94 Accord. Cannot see clips to remove to change headlight bulb

Old 08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Mrs. Boffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Accord. Cannot see clips to remove to change headlight bulb

I have the owners manual for this 94 Accord. On page 230 (in case anyone has a manual handy) they say to turn the car on, turn the steering wheel all way to the left, then turn the car off.

The next step is to remove the two holding clips from the inner fender. They have a diagram, but we still can't find the clips. I do see some things that look like the drawing, but it says to remove 2 and I can't see which 2. How big a piece of plastic are we supposed to be removing?

Oh dear, pardon me, it's not a 94 Accord, it's an 04 Accord.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Mrs. Boffin

Another P.S.: It is the low beam headlight, passenger side.

Seeking further on the web, someone somewhere else was saying that you can reach down via the engine compartment and reach the head light area. Is that valid advice?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
trinket

It sounds like you are trying to change the whole light unit, not just a bulb. If you are just changing a burnt-out headlight bulb, then, yes, it is done through an open hood. The two headlight bulbs, bright and dim, are locked into position by plastic rings. The driver's side bulbs are a little easier to access than the passenger side, but neither are difficult. The air cleaner intake, the black plastic needs to be lifted out of the way, but the battery doesn't have to be removed. If you bought a manual, bulb replacement should be covered.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Mrs. Boffin

Originally Posted by trinket
It sounds like you are trying to change the whole light unit, not just a bulb. If you are just changing a burnt-out headlight bulb, then, yes, it is done through an open hood. The two headlight bulbs, bright and dim, are locked into position by plastic rings. The driver's side bulbs are a little easier to access than the passenger side, but neither are difficult. The air cleaner intake, the black plastic needs to be lifted out of the way, but the battery doesn't have to be removed. If you bought a manual, bulb replacement should be covered.
Yes, I have a manual but from the diagram, I can't find the clips. These instructions seem to have you going in from the tire well even to replace a light bulb. But, they do have you going in through the engine well to change a high beam bulb. (I'm changing low.)

I am going to go out there and look under the hood, as you suggest and see what develops. I'll let you know how it goes. In any case. thanks so much for taking the time to help me out.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
scotttharobot
beer here

I just changed that headlamp, and had to take out the battery and the intake box.