Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Automatic AutoX and my suspension setup

Old 12-01-2002, 01:39 AM
cory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic AutoX and my suspension setup

Hello,
I have a 95 Integra SE automatic. i was wondering if an automatic would perform the same or close to what a manual would during autoX. also my setup will proabably be just.COMPTECH SPRINGS(336/126-194 spring rate) along with some KYB AGX struts. I was thinking COMPTECH REAR SWAY BAR and leave the front alone cept some POLYEUROTHANE BUSHINGS. I plan on getting a TYPE R FRONT UPPER AND REAR UPPER STRUT BARS. and a COMPTECH REAR LOWER STRUT BAR. i haven't figured out what front lower strut bar if at all i put one on.
If anyone has any input on any of the CAPITALIZED lettered parts or my first question it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Cory R. Turner

oh yeah i will be rolling soon on a set of 15" buddy club p1 racing wheels with 205/50 falken ziex 512.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Taiwanze7

no, an manual and auto won't be close in an auto-x.... with a manual you can downshift into a turn, and use the throttle to control your entry/exit.... I guess you can manually shift an auto but beware you'll burn up the clutch plates faster and as a result destroy the tranny. (speaking from personal experience). Springs are personal opinion, AGX will help out somewhat since you can adj the stiffness. I'd get the Neuspeed 4pt front strut bar instead. everything else looks good...just personal preference
Old 12-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

On a side note, with an auto you won't have to "worry" about shifting, so at least in auto-x you'll do better than most of us n00bs who are overly concerned about staying in the powerband versus driving the course correctly.

You'll also get into 1st gear much easier (punching it rather than doing a sometimes tricky heel-toe rev-match).

Shingo