0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

92 Legend Transmission

Old 08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Asad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Legend Transmission

Hello Legend Lovers,

I知 New to this site and glad that this community is helping out each other not only in the U.S but rest of the world for people like me where Legend are very few in numbers and resources are limited. I知 hoping some one could give their 2 cent on my issue.

I致e 92 Legend with 118000miles. The Gear oil leaked from under so I decided to get it repaired. I also thought it would be good idea to change the gear oil filter at the same time. The gear shifting was smooth like a new car and no issue shifting from 1st to 2nd or 3rd before handing it over to the mechanic. When I got the car back from the mechanic, the first strange thing I noticed right after starting the car was the D green light blinking. The gear shifted hard from 1st to 2nd and took some time to shift. I was more shocked when I put the gear into the D1, in normal working condition it should stay in 1st gear but it shifted to 2nd. It痴 really pathetic to drive like this. The mechanic again took it back and told me that he had changed the sensors but still useless, the gear still shifts hard. It痴 like the transmission does not know any more when to shift the gear at the appropriate speed.

All I wanted was to stop the oil leakage and change the filter but never thought it would become a nightmare and destroy the transmission. In this country, he is the only legend mechanic and no other choice. I would appreciate if any one knows what could have caused this behavior and how to fix it. By the way the oil still leaks though not the same amount as before. I知 also starting to see temperature meter malfunction. It works some times but most time just stays at the cold level and never goes to the middle level.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:51 AM
L3GKANG
Prezz of ACURA-HOLIKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vss is whats causing the d4 light to blink.