Notices

CAIs

Old 11-26-2002, 11:54 AM
lilkevie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAIs

Any CAIs for a 03 LX? Ive seen short ram by Injen but some people have an Injen CAI on their auto LX .. is this possible? Can you just buy a CAI for an EX and mount it or is the engine bay different or how does this work? Thanks.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:11 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

if the 7th gens are anything like the 6th gens, an ex intake will NOT fit on an lx. It's hard to say tho, since I haven't checked out a 7th gen lx engine bay, only the ex's.

but if your intake manifold is vertical (manifold faces up, like on 6th gen lx/dx's) vs. horizontal (manifold faces passenger side on 6th and 7th gen ex's), then you'll need an lx/dx CAI.

honestly, speaking as a fellow lx owner, I say save the money and just get a short ram air intake. Either that, or keep it stock. The lx engine blows.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we have just ONE "Intake" thread? :dunno:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 11-26-2002, 07:17 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally posted by MaxBoosT
Can we have just ONE "Intake" thread? :dunno:
that'd be cool to have one long, locked, I/H/E explination sticky. Mods?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:25 PM
lilkevie

ok like my friend sells aem products but doesnt know the specifics of his products anyways so im trying to ask if i get the aem cai for my sisters car will it fit .. i ask because they only make cais for a manual transmission and hers is a auto .. so can you force it in there or can i even buy one from a ex and shove it in there? haha .. short ram sucks but thats imo cuz i have an injen one for my car
Old 12-01-2002, 10:50 PM
CapYoda

7th gen civic, all engines has verticle throttle body... so ex intake should fit lx intake...

HOWEVER, AEM CAI does not fit autos... simply because it can't get pass the transmission thats in the way. in fact, for the AEM CAI, one of the mounting point is on the manual transmission... so... no go there.

if u really want a CAI, InJen has a CAI for the LX auto or manual...

IMO, a short ram will rob u of low end power.. and a CAI isn't worth the dough....

if u really want to spend money, everyone that owns a 7th gen seems to be very hyped with the K&N FIPK... lower lost on the low end, and actual gains mid to high end... its basically a short ram with a heatshield... a working one though.

if u really just want it for the noise, any SRI on ebay will work, and it'll save u money.

but if u were going to spend almost 200 already, u might as well get a good SRI, the K&N FIPK. www.knfilters.com

IMO, stock rules. especially with a K&N drop in filter.