Notices

Can't shift out of Park, Sunroof no longer works and wipers don't work

Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
auilani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't shift out of Park, Sunroof no longer works and wipers don't work

Yesterday I could not shift My 94 Vigor out of park. With the key, I can manually shift it into neutral and start it from there and then shift into drive. I've read all of the threads related to the brake switch. I'm certain that is not the problem because the brake lights (all three of them) work fine...so the vehicle knows I'm depressing the brake. Simultaneously the horn stopped working and the sunroof no longer retracts. I assumed fuse, so I replaced 80% of the fuses under the hood and in the cabin. Still no change. The under hood fuse box has a burnt odor and a wire that is oozing a gray sticky material. It is next to the 100a battery fuse. Of note the car's battery was replaced last week.

In Arizona, it is monsoon season and the horn and sunroof, and even having to use the key to get it out of park is less than critical, however the wipers are critical.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (50.4 KB, 2 views)
2.jpg (38.6 KB, 3 views)
3.jpg (47.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you recently replace a fuse there or had any work done? Usually, the wires won't get burnt like that unless the fuse was replaced with a higher amperage by accident.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.