Notices

***Interested in buying a civic, suggestions and opinions PLEASE!!!***

Old 11-25-2002, 10:07 AM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Interested in buying a civic, suggestions and opinions PLEASE!!!***

ok civic owners....i'm thinkin about trading inmy 96 accord lx for a newer civic coupe manual(must be MANUAL).

i am looking for a blue.....and hopefully a year that will accept my 4x113.3 wheels with 40mm offset. Now, will all civics accept these wheels that i have on my accord now?

Can someone also map out the genterations of civics with the year's. Also could you please give me a general HP number with them because i dont wanna go lower than my current 130hp accord(approx). I want an EX civic with leather if they make civics with leather(not sure). So all opinions and suggestions welcome PLEASE! Sell me on the car u guys own!

Thanx!
Dave
Old 11-25-2002, 10:20 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

No Civics (sans the early Civic TYPE R) had 4x114.5 bolt patterns.

The only Civic above 130hp is the 6th Gen Civic Si (1999-2000 - 160hp/111ft/lbs of torque) which you could order with leather at some dealerships. I'd personally just get it reupholstered at a shop. You would save yourself about $500-800. Dealerships rip you off.

The 1992-2000 Civic Ex came with a SOHC VTEC 125-127hp.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:59 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

For what you want...

you want an Integra.

you don't want a civic.

the Integra or Civic both will have the 4x100, so your wheels won't work.

an integra can be had with leather, and even the GS/LS/RS integras has 140 stock HP. the GSR has 170.

Like said, all EX's from 92-00 have 125-127 HP
the LX/DX in a coupe/sedan will have ~ 100
Old 11-25-2002, 03:21 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

ok....hhmm...great..an integra....NOW....how popular are gsr tegs with leather? and manual? Under 16k? Newer than 98? If thats possible, let me know.

thanx for all that info...geesh...the civic is VERY underpowered for me but i'm sure great for the market its meant for! But that can be solved with a gsr engine swap, that i see alot.

also....whats the last year the gsr was made here?(unless i'm wrong about it being discontinued). And at what year did the gsr's start producing 170hp?

whats the weight of a gsr? Lighter than an accord?(i'm sure it is)

thanx again!

Dave
Old 11-26-2002, 03:47 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by REbornHONDAneer
ok....hhmm...great..an integra....NOW....how popular are gsr tegs with leather? and manual? Under 16k? Newer than 98? If thats possible, let me know.
Most Integra GSRs had leather and only came in manual. Under 16K for a 1998+ highly doubt that you could find one.

also....whats the last year the gsr was made here?(unless i'm wrong about it being discontinued). And at what year did the gsr's start producing 170hp?

whats the weight of a gsr? Lighter than an accord?(i'm sure it is)

thanx again!

Dave
Last year if I remember right was 2001. RSX came out in late 2001. GSRs made 170hp 1.8L DOHC VTEC.

If I remember right the GSR weighed in around 2700lbs. Little heavier than the 2000 Civic Si.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:04 AM
str8edgexx

Civic Ex coupes only have 127 hp, but I guarantee you they are a ton quicker than your 130 hp accord....your accord is a full 300-400lbs heavier. My friend has a '02 Civic Ex coupe (127hp) and it could absolutely smoke my brothers '02 Accord Sedan (150 hp) having driven both. The weight makes all the difference.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:07 AM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

thanx civicsiracer, but i'm not sure what u meant by

"Last year if I remember right was 2001. RSX came out in late 2001. GSRs made 170hp 1.8L DOHC VTEC. If I remember right the GSR weighed in around 2700lbs. Little heavier than the 2000 Civic Si."

I wanted to know when was the first year the gsr's were being made with 170hp. Now i might be reading that wrong and ur saying it was 2001. If so, what was the hp rating in 2000, 1999, etc? Thanx alot!

Actually i'm finding great deals on gsr's at like carmax.com and autotrader.com . I'm now seriously interested in getting one. One thing i'm not sure about. Sedan or Coupe, since i see both coupled with a gsr engine. Are the overall looks better with the coupe? Is there a weight difference?

And did they EVER make gsr's in blue? I cant seem to find ANY for sale, and i WANT blue...i love it

Thanx alot!

Dave
Old 11-26-2002, 05:22 AM
CivicSiRacer

thanx civicsiracer, but i'm not sure what u meant by

"Last year if I remember right was 2001. RSX came out in late 2001. GSRs made 170hp 1.8L DOHC VTEC. If I remember right the GSR weighed in around 2700lbs. Little heavier than the 2000 Civic Si."

I wanted to know when was the first year the gsr's were being made with 170hp. Now i might be reading that wrong and ur saying it was 2001. If so, what was the hp rating in 2000, 1999, etc? Thanx alot!

Actually i'm finding great deals on gsr's at like carmax.com and autotrader.com . I'm now seriously interested in getting one. One thing i'm not sure about. Sedan or Coupe, since i see both coupled with a gsr engine. Are the overall looks better with the coupe? Is there a weight difference?

And did they EVER make gsr's in blue? I cant seem to find ANY for sale, and i WANT blue...i love it

Thanx alot!

Dave
Oh first year. Hrm don't know about that.

There was Sonic Blue for the INtegras. Came out in 1999 or 2000. Sort of a purple though.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:36 AM
Mike
Banned

Default Re: ***Interested in buying a civic, suggestions and opinions PLEASE!!!***

ok civic owners....i'm thinkin about trading inmy 96 accord lx for a newer civic coupe manual(must be MANUAL).

i am looking for a blue.....and hopefully a year that will accept my 4x113.3 wheels with 40mm offset. Now, will all civics accept these wheels that i have on my accord now?

Can someone also map out the genterations of civics with the year's. Also could you please give me a general HP number with them because i dont wanna go lower than my current 130hp accord(approx). I want an EX civic with leather if they make civics with leather(not sure). So all opinions and suggestions welcome PLEASE! Sell me on the car u guys own!

Thanx!
Dave
Keep the Accord and swap in a H22 (prelude motor). You'll love yourself for it!

Mike
Old 11-26-2002, 04:59 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Default Re: Re: ***Interested in buying a civic, suggestions and opinions PLEASE!!!***

Originally posted by Mike
Keep the Accord and swap in a H22 (prelude motor). You'll love yourself for it!

Mike
well...the trick right now is that i'm tryin to get rid of this "particular" accord. I had an immature accident and i have discrete suspension damage. I want to trade it in asap. How in depth to dealerships inspect your car? Do they just give an overall "look"?

Also, what are the lug patterns on the teg's? I'm tryin to get the best compromise with these wheels, i dont wanna be able to not use them.

Dave