Notices

tl rims

Old 11-25-2002, 04:23 AM
type-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tl rims

can people suggest what 17 inch rim they think looks best on a tl, there are so much to choose from...and about how much money you can get for just the tl-s rims without tires. also..has anyone had any tire rubbing with a 1.75 inch drop...and would i need a camber kit with that drop...i plan on h&r springs
Old 12-10-2002, 06:40 AM
juniorbean

It's really up to you. If you ask 10 people their opinion you will get 10 different replies. It's really up to you what you like.

Personally I went 18" with the H&R Sports. My rims are similar to stock... yet different enough to give the car a different look. And yes.. you will need a camber kit with those springs. There are no rubbing problems however... as long as you get the proper off-set for your rims.....

Check my site for more pics:
Old 01-03-2003, 11:15 AM
skiang

I agree with juniorbean in that rims are all a matter or personal preference. You need to decide what kind of look you are going for and how much you want to spend.

With regards to whether you will get any rubbing or not, it will depend on the offset and width of the rim. I would recommend a 7 or 7.5" width and an offset of around +50. The stock offset is +55, which is high compared to most cars, so the closer your rims are to that the better they will fit the original specs of the car. I have rims that are 17x7.5 +45 and I do get some minor rubbing when the car is loaded with people. BTW, I have comptech springs which lowered the car 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back (I think).

Here is a link to some pics of my car.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=4948434...03&n=578386589

skiang@yahoo.com if you have any questions