Notices

Alignment problem

Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 AM
JDMaccord316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment problem

any body knows how to do wheel alignment, dont have to take it to the shop??
Old 08-03-2008, 07:33 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not something you can simply get a rule and do. Unless you know car suspensions very very well and know how to use a plumb bob and what not i wouldn't try it. Take it to an alignment shop like big o or a dealership. i know a front end alignment is about 50 bucks normally and i think a full is around 80-90 here...

Plus, you don't want to screw it up. You'll know you did wrong when your tires wear in a year.

There are many angles to adjust and many degree's you need to know before you adjust it yourself. This isn't something you can really get around. An alignment rack has sensors that tell the computer what angle its at and how much to adjust positively or negatively. In addition your going to need to center the steering wheel and be under the car to adjust various bolts that change camber, tow................... just go to a shop. Alignments are something i dont' mess with (unless i'm working at that dealership and then i do it ) simply because i don't have the technology or want to do it. 20 mins and your set.

Last edited by vtec4clyfury; 08-03-2008 at 07:41 PM.