Notices

So Close...

Old 11-21-2002, 04:32 PM
PT-6A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Close...

I'm one of those guys that doesnt own a honda but just sits and wishes he did. I'm not gonna lie.
So a couple weeks ago, I decide to take the initiative and go out and buy a sol. So I call Merril Lynch as well as a few of the local banks for rates on loans. Then, I search the whole freakin internet and the surrounding area looking for some good sols, and i found some awsome buys. So i pick one and get everything lined up and of course my parents, (yes i'm under 18) say no, you cant have a sports car. One of the many disadvantages of being young.

Freakin ridiculous. It will be mine... dont know when though.
You guys got any tips on manipulating people much older than you? Anything short of death threats i would appreciate.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:43 PM
solRNY

wah, i dont know much about minipulating parents, why dont u make a deal with them, say u get all As in school, that you will save at least 1/4 the cost, show them u can have a sol, ect... ect...

if anything, i too wanted a sol back when i was 16! i was toooo poor to get one, thus i waited and waited, for 8 years i waited! till i can afford it on my own! hope u dont have to wait that long
Old 11-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Rage Racer
Boosted Member

i guess the sol is a "sports" car. My parents cosigned.....but its not listed as a sports car under my insurance, in fact its less than my old vehicle (volvo 740 GL) cause it was listed as "luxury" Good luck bro
Old 11-22-2002, 04:22 AM
vtecsol

under 18 huh bummer maybe try to find a base model 1.5 liter and just be like how fast can it go dad its only a four banger then save up swap it and the day you move out smoke the tires off the whole way up the street
Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

I also had full parental support on my Sol...but I think they were making up for the Volvo 244 DL I had to suffer with for a year and a half. After that I had a Volvo 744 Turbo - fast as living hell with minor tweaking - which the insurance companies charged me up the wazoo for because a) it's "luxury" and b) it was a turbo. The Sol is actually not much more expensive the the tankish 244. State Farm (in my area, anyway) consider it a "sportster" in the same class as the Z3, the Mercury Capri (!) and the Nissan Pulsar. Go figure...
Old 11-23-2002, 08:42 AM
vtecsol

got to looking at the insurance papers and my 94 dual cam vtec is actually listed as a civic .. nothing about a sportscar
Old 11-23-2002, 11:42 AM
PT-6A

Ya, i think i will bring up the fact that the one i'm looking at is a D15 model. Not exactly the most powerful thing in the world.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Neth

Any sol is considered a sports car in the eyes of insurance because it is a 2 seater with a removeable top. Insurance for male under 25... really high.

btw, you did all the work to find out about a loan and all that stuff, start finding how much your insurance would cost on your parents plan (if they will let you add to theirs). Also, I am guessing you have a job??? but write out a payment plan on how you are gonna pay for your car (assuming you aren't asking you 'rents to buy it for you).
Old 11-26-2002, 09:35 PM
spazster

don't know too much about maniping 'rents to buy cars but if you need some cash from 'em to swap an engine then come here, i conviced my mom to buy a new clutch, ls swap, springs struts, and complete rebuild....hehehehe i love when the stock d15 tranny slips...btw $4000 total, and don't have to pay back...

spaz
Old 12-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Nvious_Creation
Envious Creations Founder

that sucks man sorry about your parents...