Notices

problems with legend.....

Old 11-19-2002, 09:29 AM
ajintegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with legend.....

my factory alarm goes off by itself...anybody else experiance this problem??????

what to do????
Old 11-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Shoofly

Default Probable Causes

We see tons of Legends with this problem. I can tell you its usually the microswitch embedded in the driver's (or passenger's) door lock actuator. Good way to test it :

Get inside and lock the doors so the alarm arms.
Wiggle the driver's lock button without unlocking the door completely. Check the passenger's to see if it does the same thing.

You can even start playing with the button before the alarm arms...I.E. while the security light is blinking fast. If the light goes out you know that your switch is not making good contact like it should. The fix is quite expensive on the models that dont have a seperate microswitch. Have to replace the whole actuator assembly.

Hope this helps
Old 11-24-2002, 02:07 AM
ChrisK

Default Re: Probable Causes

Originally posted by Shoofly

The fix is quite expensive on the models that dont have a seperate microswitch. Have to replace the whole actuator assembly.

Hope this helps
I'm not sure if your experience is with Legends, but you are right in this case. Some of the owners have had luck taking the actuator apart and cleaning the part which I will assume it the micro switch section, however, none that I know of on the two large legend forums have had long term success and replacement of the entire door lock actuator has so far been the only long tern fix. I don't believe the Legend door actuator as a separate part number for the switch that controlles the OEM alarm.