Notices

92 GSR antenna problems

Old 07-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Andy-6
Andy~6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 GSR antenna problems

Hey so I found out a pretty annoying thing about my car. At the end of when the antenna either expands or retracts it makes a loud annoying rumbling sound. I tried spraying WD-40 when it was stretched out and when it wasn't expanded. Some friends told me that it was most likely bent but as far as I can see without taking the whole antenna out... nothing is bent. So do I need to take the whole antenna out and straighten it? If so, any help on how I can do this? (both straigtening it and dissassembling it) Any feedback would be great! Thanks!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

First, WD-40 is not a lubricant. It is a solvent. Use some silicone grease or white lithium grease to lube up the sections of the antenna when it is extended. Then cycle it a couple times. Hopefully, that'll do it.

But if the rumbling noise continues, my next guess is the slipper clutch on the gear that drives the antenna up and down.

On the 94-01 Integra, there is a threaded nut on the antenna motor casing that allows you to tighten the clutch. You have to dismantle the interior of the trunk to get to it, but it's a fairly quick job.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Andy-6
Andy~6

Alright thanks for the advice. I will try that and hopefully it works!