Notices

putt putt sound...

Old 11-17-2002, 01:48 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putt putt sound...

ok.. here is the symptoms... when i start my car up in the morning... the engine warms up.. and then after that..my rpm is at around 500-800 rpm... then i start to hear this putt putt sound from my exhaust. i have only AEM cai and greddy evo exhaust. so i am wondering why does it make the putt putt sound? is there something wrong with the air fuel mixture? cuz i've resetted my ecu after i've installed the cai and exhaust.

sometimes, when i am driving fast and when i dont' shift fast enough... i also hear the putt putt sound from the exhaust as well. is that normal? or did i miss something?
Old 11-17-2002, 01:52 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sound like you have an exhaust leak. You may want to take it to a muffler shop and have them check it out.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:04 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
You sound like you have an exhaust leak. You may want to take it to a muffler shop and have them check it out.
exhaust leak? could it be coming from the connection? maybe i should retorque the bolts down to spec. thanks.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:06 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, and remember not to tighten one side of the exhaust flanges down all the way and then tighten the other.

You have to tighten one a bit, then the other. Alternate them until they're tight. See if that helps.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:08 PM
96extec

Is the "putt putt" sound louder than the exhaust? or is it the same sound,does your car hesitate when you here the sound?
Old 11-17-2002, 02:13 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by 96extec
Is the "putt putt" sound louder than the exhaust? or is it the same sound,does your car hesitate when you here the sound?
nope... it's a very quiet subtle sound. and no the car doesnt' hesitate... but feels like a little boost when i gun it... kinda like sound like the misfiring system of the lan evo in intial d.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:13 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
Ya, and remember not to tighten one side of the exhaust flanges down all the way and then tighten the other.

You have to tighten one a bit, then the other. Alternate them until they're tight. See if that helps.
yup... that's how i did it the first time i installed it. i'll check again. thanks.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:39 PM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

C'mon peeps, we all own Hondas here. Leak or not all Hondas sound like a fishtank.