Notices

Brake Pad Question

Old 07-02-2008, 06:34 AM
josh84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pad Question

The OEM pads I bought from Honda included a packet of grease. Is it for the slides, or is it for the back of the pads between the shims and pads? Does any get put between the shim and the piston?

On some American cars I've used that CRC red anti-squeal goop, do you need it on a Honda?

confused:
After all I'm a new guy
Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 AM
A-series
v-card member alpha

No need for anti-squeal, especially if you're going to use the shim grease provided with the pads. Just apply it the inner side of the shim, three glops should do, so it spreads evenly when you apply the shim to the back of the pad.

Wipe off any excess that spills out the sides, and try to avoid getting it on the face of the pads or the rotors.(as you know, but for the benefit of others)

On Hondas, if you don't have the specific poly stuff (forget name) that a dealership will give you, you need to at least apply some caliper grease to the shims. Otherwise you're more likely to have excessive brake noise.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:32 PM
triple5

That little packet of grease, I use it on the ends of the pads. Look at the link below. I put the grease on part # 14, which is a metal shim the pads slide on. You have two of them one on top and bottom. Also I put a little grease around the boot of the piston to keep it from drying. Never had a problem with my brakes.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=341763

Hope it help a little.