Notices

97 RL Power Window Problem

Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
HAPAHAOLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 RL Power Window Problem

I have a 97 RL, both passenger windows will not operate, wont work with it's own switch or with the master driver switch, also the little lights on the passenger switches won't light up. I have opened to front passenger door panel and did a little troubleshooting, the rocker switch looks good but I noticed I have no power at any tabs on the switch. I have checked the fuses for both windows and they are good. Could it possible be something in the master switch causing this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
ari_one

I'm not familiar with the RL's but on the 91-95 Legends often the "lock switch" on the master switch that turns the others on or off breaks and loses contact thereby not allowing the others to work. On the Legends sometimes putting foil into the switch will give enough contact to work the windows but usually does not last that long. I would look in that direction.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:47 AM
HAPAHAOLE

Thanks ari one, I will open up the door panel on the driver side and check out the lock switch.

Thanks Again
Old 10-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Tom Blachly

I have a '98 RL and when I purchased the passenger rear window wouldn't work. Had been that way for sometime so seller knocked off some have motor replaced. A couple weeks later I accidently pulled up on the wrong switch and it opened - has worked ever since. Must have been a short!