Notices

what do you think???

Old 11-16-2002, 05:43 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think???

wanted so basic info.
i have a 94 civic dx. running 16x7.5 rims on nitto 215x40x16. i'm about to put on neuspeed sport springs, kyb gr-2 struts, and a progressive pivot mount camber kit.

as for this kind of setup. what problems should i lookout for.

also want to run on 17's. will this work without rubbing and having to tires towed in at the top.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:48 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

215 and 7.5" is bit wide, so whether or not you'll rub will depend on the offset of you wheels. If your offset is anything less than +42, there's a good chance you'll rub the fender liners. For a 7.5" wide rim you would typically want about a +45mm offset as to not rub the fenders. Also, if you try to correct your camber, that'll push the tops of the wheels closer to the fenders, so keep that in mind.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:54 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

yes i understand the camber is going to push out the top of the tire. what i want to run is an adr tention wheel with 215x40x17 with the suspension i explained. i see all over albuquerque kids with 17 and the tires are tucked under the fenderwells. the camber is not moved and they look like crap.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:01 PM
elballoonrat

why dont you buy some light 15's, get some really grippy tires, and run good 1/4mi times,

lower profile tires mean longer stopping distance, if you go big wheels make yourself a nice big brake kit and a egine to match, then you'll be big pimpin

....if you do go the rice route you can flair the fender to clear the tire with a baseball bat(car paint will flex), also, if you need to correct the camber more ,or, other people dont want to have to buy camber correctors, you can buy a ground controls coil over kit and kut the strut towers, then reweld them a inch down, it will feel like a true race setup if you get the proper struts.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:03 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said, whether or not you'll rub will depend on the offset of the wheel, your tire width, and your camber setting. If you want to run 17's without rubbing, your best bet would be to run a 17x7" wheel with 205/40 series tire, and an offset of at least +42mm. If you're trying to run stock camber specs with 17's and a drop, you may need to modify your fenders.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:05 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

i'm not in this for the 1/4 mile times. i did that all thought high school.

best time 10.34 1979 trams am

i want to build a cart racer. some thing that will take a corner at 60 mph and does not think of slipping.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:17 PM
elballoonrat

well then smaller wheels will be better, if you are serious about going 60mph around a turn, do what i do, buy a big brake kit, cold forged 17's, and nice grippy non super low profile wheels, you will have to cut the wheels arches, but it will be well worth it, plus the car will be a one of and will throw its self through turns like no other...just check out grand touring cars and you'll get a idea of what im talking about.

http://www.precisionbrakescompany.com/index.htm

wilwood calipers are 180 a piece, then have your stock brake lines braided with stainless steel($50), you also have the possibilty of running nice rear vented discs and having a brake bias controller or your dash, this will make your car the best apex taking machine i can imagine from what ive seen on the board all for under $1000...then again...i'm a MK1 MR2 man, im youst to taking turns at 80mph stock and i got my car for $250(mwhahahahahah)
Old 11-16-2002, 06:27 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

thanks for the info.

a coupe of friend here said the same thing. BRAKES ARE A MUST.
i'm doing a little at a time.
at this point it's suspension. i'm going with what my local dealer has suggested. springs, struts, camber. i'm want info from people who have this on there rides.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:39 PM
elballoonrat

i meant brake bias controller on your dash, sorry, dude, ask that company for a quote if you dont want to do it your self, they had a custom brake kit available for my mr2 for $900, plus they do group buys so if you get 5 or 10 people together it will probably be more like 800. a brake bias controller is a good idea, it can help you tune your car for all types of different situations, they can be found for $50,