Notices

Just got a 02 3.2 TL Type S-Questions???

Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 AM
AlanW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 02 3.2 TL Type S-Questions???

Just bought an 02 TL Type S. Awesome car overall, but only had it 2 days.
It had no owners manual with it. I'll try to order one. A few simple questions to get started:

I thought the car had automatic door locks that lock when the car reaches a certain speed. Mine does not lock automatically.

I thought the car had automatic headlights, controlled by a light sensor???

What is "VSA" switch on the dash for, what is VSA?

The "maintenance required" light is on, guy at car lot said it is just a oil change indicator, is this right, and how do I get it off.

The "SRS" little red light in the gauge is on. Car lot guy says most Acuras he has seen have this light on. Is this a problem, is there a trouble code or something in it???
Thanks!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 AM
tek54m

"VSA" Oversteer control, light is on means code is stored. Retrieve code for problem.
Maintenance Light is activated by a mileage counter and is reset after maints. is performed, IE: oil change, trans service. I think it will come on every 7500 miles. Reset procedure is turn ign switch to off position. Push and hold trip and reset buttons simultaneously. Turn ing switch on 2nd position and continue to hold buttonsfor more than 10 seconds.

"SRS" is the air bag system, he is full of it! Again, retrieve code(s).
Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
AlanW

Thanks, yeah, found out VSA= Vehicle Stability Assist.
No lights are on for it. When I push in the dash button that says "VSA Off", it then lights up a little yellow triangle caution sign, but I guess that would be normal, to warn you the VSA was off. So that appears to be working right.

And I read where it has Auto-Off headlight feature, not fully automatic.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

As for the headlights, it is auto-off only, but you can leave it on if you don't mind headlights being on all the time. Also, no auto door lock after you reach a certain speed, it is not available for any Acuras.....only way to get it is through aftermarket alarm systems.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.