Notices
Hybrids Insight, Civic Hybrid, Accord Hybrid, & the CRZ: Go Green!

Honda's hybrid tax credit to be halved again on July 1

Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda's hybrid tax credit to be halved again on July 1

Filed under: Hybrid, Honda, Legislation and Policy, Green Daily, USA

Back on the first of January of this year, Honda's hybrid tax credits began their slide down towards zero due to the fact that the automaker passed sixty-thousand hybrid sales. While you can argue with the reasoning behind the credits in the first place along with the arbitrary number of people who will get them, but the rules are what they are. So, starting on July 1, the tax credit for any Honda hybrid vehicle will be halved yet again, bringing the available credit to just one-fourth of the original level.

As of today, the Honda Civic hybrid gets a credit of $1,050. From July 1 to December 31, that credit will be $525. Don't complain too much, though, as the credit will officially run out on January 1, 2009. Ford, General Motors and Nissan have yet to hit the magic sixty-thousand number, so the full credit still applies for those manufacturers. Toyota hybrids are no longer eligible for any credit at all, as it has sold way too many Priuses to qualify any longer.

[Source: FuelEconomy.gov]
Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments
</img>

More...
Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
bboygraphix
your.mom.loves.me

i got my hybrid at the end of june because of this tax cut. the nice thing is that it's a tax credit and not a deduction. so, you end up seeing the entire $1050 instead of just reducing your taxable income by $1050.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Notorious GSR
BuiltByNotorious.com

Do you know if this applies for the 07 Accord Hybrid? I have been told I do not get a credit for it. I also can not get the hybrid plate for the HOV lane here in AZ... Apparently due to being a mid sized hybrid non natural gas car. GAY lol We still love it tho.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:48 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by Notorious GSR
Do you know if this applies for the 07 Accord Hybrid? I have been told I do not get a credit for it. I also can not get the hybrid plate for the HOV lane here in AZ... Apparently due to being a mid sized hybrid non natural gas car. GAY lol We still love it tho.
The federal rebate is phased out as a function of the number of units sold and applies to new vehicle purchases only.

As for the state licensing bit, consult the Arizona DMV. It sounds like they've got their own criteria for who qualifies for the special plate.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!