Notices

halo headlight

Old 06-15-2008, 10:01 AM
tonamal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default halo headlight

i just bought some black dual halo headlights for a 94-97 integra and i cant use them...since the high beam bulb is different and it doesnt work with hid's....ne one know where i can get a pair that keeps our stock bulbs and allows hid setups?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

The only safe way to run HIDs on a 94-97 Integra is to retrofit TSX projectors, bulbs and ballasts into an OEM housing.

The OEM headlights have a very poor beam pattern when used with a plug-n-play kit. The design of the lens housing causes light to scatter into the eyes of oncoming drivers. You'll be wasting light that could otherwise be used on the road and you create a hazard for everyone else on the road.

The 98-01 headlights are better suited to a hid kit, but the cost required to update the rest of the front end is more than the cost of a good retrofit.

Return the halo headlights and price a pair of retrofits instead.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:18 PM
tonamal

im looking into a retrofit now....looks like its gonna cost about 600-700....if u know some where please direct me.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
2001TEGGSR

Most plug and play kits are low beams only. I'm confused as to what your problem is with the high beam.

You can retrofit OEM H.I.D. Projectors yourself fairly easily if you have access to the proper tools. Just be sure to keep the beam adjusters intact, and attach the HID projectors to the bracket that holds the oem projectors.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 PM
tonamal

when i do the retro fit i will have some one do it....as for the headlights im shipping them back for a suspension.