Notices

header / exhaust for 2003 cl type-s

Old 11-12-2002, 01:04 PM
epoxy
Regulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header / exhaust for 2003 cl type-s

my friend has a 2003 acura cl type s...

he was wondering if anyone could refer him to a good header / exhaust brand for the cl. i havent seen too many products for it myself, and thought you allwould be of some help.

would the new accord parts fit it? been reading alot that it is similar to the accord (ex. you can put a h22a4 in it etc)

thanks in advance!
Old 11-13-2002, 12:06 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Comptech... their headers add a dyno proven 31HP!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Meguel24
Platinum Plus Member

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
Comptech... their headers add a dyno proven 31HP!
Just the header alone?!?!?
Old 11-22-2002, 03:48 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Meguel24
Just the header alone?!?!?
www.comptech.com has dyno's
Old 12-10-2002, 07:00 AM
juniorbean

Yup.. just the header alone dynos about 28-32 HP gains at the wheel!! Personally I never believe company dynos.... however, I've seen many independant dynos verify the gains. Exhausts on the other hand won't get you much.. probably around 1-3hp max.

For headers you can buy either Comptech or OBX headers. Comptechs are better quality and go for around $1100. OBX are lesser quality.. but still do the job.. and go for around $400.

As for exhausts... there are a few: Comptech, HKS, Mugen to name some. Comptech are the most popular. I don't like the HKS on the TL-S... but it looks hot on the CL-S. Cheaper then Comptech too. Mugen are the cream of the crop.. but also are cost a lot and are hard to find. I'd recommend either Comptech or HKS. He'd be happy with either.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:58 PM
mrblorry
Type-S Lunatic

Headers are what I'm getting as my first mod. Alpha Werks makes headers as well, and they're in-between the OBX/Stone brands and the Comptechs in price, and "perceived" quality. I've heard horror stories about all brands except Comptech, but they is expensive. I haven't decided which to buy.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:11 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Just remember, you get what you pay for. I've had my Comptech headers for almost 6 years now and no problems whatsoever. You already paid a lot for your car, why skimp on the headers.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
mrblorry
Type-S Lunatic

Whoops. I'm spreading this discussion across two threads. Sorry about that. Wow! Six years with the comptechs? That's actually what I'm looking for, as I plan on having her for quite a few years. Living in the southern end of the Salt Belt, I'm worried how they will fare, and if one brand is more resilient than another. I used to live in upstate NY, and would watch salt dissolve an entire car in five years...