Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Need camber kit for 92civic

Old 11-12-2002, 01:18 AM
GReddyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need camber kit for 92civic

As title states, I need a camber kit for the front of my 92 civic hatchback. I want to know anyone's experiances with any of the kits. So far im going towards the ingalls camber kit that corrects up to 3.25 I believe or the skunk2 adjustable arm. My car is pretty slammed around 2.5 with ground controls so I figure 3.25 will be good to go. For the rear of the car I'm planning to just stick some longer bolts and insert a few washers to correct the camber setup. Let me know what have any of you experiance, like does the camber kit sqeak or do anything noticeable, and how does it handle with the corrected camber? and is there anything bad about the adjustable arms(skunk2)? How easy is it to adjust the camber on them? Would the top of the arm hit the top of my frame if I get the camber corrected, since the arm will be farther out more and my car is slammed 2.5 inchs??? thanks
Old 11-14-2002, 01:31 PM
forcedinduction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn son, your car is low. I choose the Specialty Products upper control arms and rearcamber adjusters for my '98 DX sedan. They have a huge correction range front and rear and 'should' be able to get your car back into stock alignment spec. I say should because your car is so low. They are easy to adjust providing you have an alignment machine/rack at your disposal to make corrections (it's easier to adjust them with the tires off the ground). Once you're back to spec your handling won't be the greatest but your tires will love you. In order to get the best possible handling results you'll have to trial-and-error different settings to see what fits your driving conditions and driving style.

There has been no ill effects since I've installed the arms. No, it won't hit your frame, etc., nor does it squeak.

If you decide to do the washer/bolt thing for the rear be forwarned that if you overtighten one of those bolts and break it, or strip out the threads there will be hell to pay. They are an integral part of the subframe!!! Oh, and make sure you get them tight enough that they won't fall out either .

If you have any ?'s, let me know.

-Andrew