Notices

Honda Accord 90 LX

Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
trickmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Accord 90 LX

Hey all. I'm new here and had a couple questions.

I'm not to good with cars but i've had my Honda for about a year now. I've got a new battery and alternator and new rear shocks in it. I've put some new tires on it also. That's all i've really HAD to do.

But I live in Florida and the broken windows and non-functioning A/C is starting to become unbearable. My driver's side window and the driver's side back window will no longer go down, and the back passenger window goes down from the master panel but will not go back up from the master panel. I was wondering how I would get into the windows wiring and how I could go about fixing that.

The air is another thing. I've seen at home kits and also heard I can use "injectors". Anyone have any ideas on that, because I don't want to dish out $300 for it to be fixed.

ALSO, my alarm's sound has suddenly stopped working. It's silent now and it's really bugging me because it'll go off sometimes (it's very sensitive) and I can't hear it. Any help on that would also be appreciated.

Any help on any/all of these would be so great.
This looks like a great community.

Thanks in advance,
Danny.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:28 PM
wingzero210

check the fuse box
Old 06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
trickmp

I bought a fuse tester and complete refuse kit and they all are testing working fine.

So I don't think it's the fuse box..
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
wingzero210

did you you check both the boxes?

well anyways maybe the motor for the windows could be dead
Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
trickmp

i only noticed the one on the passenger side closest to the windshield.

I wasn't aware there was another. Where is it?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:56 AM
IkeRay
Aka #5

if like all honda's, theres a fuse box at the driver's footwell and one under the hood (typically passenger side). if I remember, there is actually a control box for the power windows, but I couldn't tell you where its at. do you have either the FSM (factory service manual) or a haynes/chilton?

for the window that will go down but not up, I had the same thing on my acura, I removed the master switch and cleaned it up and it worked a little better, but was still intermittent, I never really found out what it was.

if you hear any kind of sound when you press the switch, the motor is still good, if not, you can't rule out the motor, you will have to do some multimeter tests on the motor to see if power is being sent to it. hook up the multimeter to the plug going to the motor and then hit the switch, you should get a reading, if so, replace motor, if not, keep investigating but motor is most likely good.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:07 AM
the 18th letter

Default Similar problem..

My passenger window only works with the passenger window control. Driver control won't raise or lower the window, passenger control works fine. Proboly the driver control is no good?