Notices

91 Acura Integra I blew up something but don't know what it is

Old 05-26-2008, 08:01 PM
usamaizm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Acura Integra I blew up something but don't know what it is

First of all this is my first post on a forum ever.

Well this is the story. Me and my cousin have a 91 Integra that both invested in. We dropped a B20 swap in it out of a 98+ CRV that we bought from Attarco Motors in Modesto, CA. Everything fit in perfectly. Mashallah. But then we had problems with the distributor. When you would step on the gas the tachometer would jump like crazy. So we asked around and came to the conclusion that the bearing inside the distributor was the problem. So then I ordered a distributor from eBay but the guy sent me the wrong one. It was for a 94+ Integra. It had different connectors. I was pissed. So then we decided we would experiment a little. So we got the harness from the old distributor and crimped it to the new distributor. Only problem was that two wires we couldn't tell them apart on the old harness because one was white and the other one was white with a yellow stripe and both of them were faded. So it was hard to tell the difference. So my cousin took the distributor so he could put it on the car. It wouldn't start, so then, while the key was on, he tried to switch the two wires I previously mentioned. Next thing you know there was a loud explosion. The whole neighborhood came out wondering what the heck happened. I'm guessing the engine was flooded with gas and when he tried to change the wires it sparked it and backfired. So then we said forget this and bought a new distributor from Kragen Auto Parts. When we installed it the car started for like 3 seconds and shut off. It never started after that. Now we have no idea what the heck is wrong with the car. I'm thinking we might have fried the ecu or maybe jumped timing. I don't know. We're tired of spending money on it for no reason. If anybody has any idea what's wrong with it, please reply. Thank You.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 AM
jonesy9595

If it started and ran for a little bit than the ecu should be ok. Have you arced the spark plugs to make sure you have spark???
Spray some starter fluid in the intake manifold and if it runs for a minute then you have a fuel problem
when it started for 3 seconds did it sound like it was running on 3 cylinders?? because that is what my buddy's teg sounded like when we jumped a tooth on the timing belt.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:25 AM
usamaizm

yes we checked the spark plugs and they do spark but it did sound really crappy like it was running on 3 cylinders.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:26 AM
jdm_type r

your ecu hasnt been reset and you probaby need to check ur fuses also get the right distributor that connection can never work right you need tegra parts from 91 2 93
Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Lynxs1981

Sounds like your timing is way out.