Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Altenator removal for 90 Integra

Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
compwest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altenator removal for 90 Integra

I just took out and put in new altenator in my integra after reading horror stories about the procedure. Did not remove wheel/drive axles nor the master brake cylinder. This is just the basics...

Jack up front of vehicle, support securly with jack stands. removed the drivers side tie for my access benefit, cleared some of the wiring and p/steering hose obstructions from the top...just moved them out of the way. I didn't have to completely remove the p/s hoses.

Unbolt the old altenator(2 bolts, adjustment and support bolts) Remove belt. Remove the upper altenator mount from the block(3 bolts) Remove the p clip wiring and main cable from old altenator.

remove oil filter(access from underneath)buys you a little more swinging room.

I had to unbolt the half shaft support plate from underneath. After spinning it out of the way gave me the final room to bring the old altenator out. It took a bit of trial and error, gentle prybar and jiggling it around with no room to spare but it came out.

Installation was the reverse of above...you may or may not need to remove the altenator support mount but I did anyway as it was easy to do and needed all the room I could get.

it definately will not be removed from the top without taking apart the master brake cyl and lines...you do not want to do this!!!

No special tools needed, no taking apart the drive axle assembly, no taking apart of the brake system. 3 hours tops....I'm happy!!!!