Notices

Loud crash sound when i let off the gas. Need Help

Old 05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
95JDMGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud crash sound when i let off the gas. Need Help

I got a 95 GSR i juz pick up a couple days ago. It drives and shift great. No problem. The problem is when say i'm in first or second gear and i accelerate then let off the gas it makes a loud crash noise when the motor is reving down like something is scrapping really bad. Then when i put the clutch in it goes away completely. What hell is makin so much noise? Please help.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Line7
Platinum Member

Sounds like maybe a heatshield or something. Have a friend rev it up and listen under the hood.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Love2RedLine
My 4th Acura

You might want to check your lug nuts. My car was making a simular sound when let off the gas. It was my front wheel coming loose and the wheel was rubing back and forth on the studs. My wheel flew off on the freeway. Not koo.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:55 PM
95JDMGSR

naw it ain't no heatshield, and my wheels are on tight. The car doesn't make noise when its in neuteral and i rev it up only when iam in gear while the car is slowing down like to make a stop. AS soon as i the clutch goes in it goes away.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Given your description of the timing, I'd bet CV joints, then possibly a dead rear transmission mount.

Have you inspected the driveshaft joints and the rubber boots that protect them?

If you :
a) have lost grease from the CV joints or
b) the intermediate shaft bearing is worn out, it would produce a grinding noise when you get off the throttle.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!