Notices

help i just bought 96 integra...went to register it and it came up with salvage title

Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
jenbaby82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help i just bought 96 integra...went to register it and it came up with salvage title

i went to dmv with all paperwork. title didnt say salvage on it. i did buy it from a guy who bought it from insurance company he said it was dealership. now i realy only have that guys cell phoen number his name is pretty much scribbled. i dont know what to do with car now. its a 96 integra runs good. 5 spd new paint job but srs light on on dash and rest of dash ( mph/gas/ rpm/ temp. ect) doesnt work. so im assuming air bags werent put back in correctly so it wouldnt even pass inspection if i go through pain in the butt process to do a register it with a salvage title. i been looking around for even a integra shell and no luck . any suggestions. he aslo didnt write as is in the bill of sale. let me know jenn
Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

If you want out of the sale at this point, you'll need to take the seller to court.
If you don't feel like you can build a case for non-disclosure, consult an attorney and decide whether to proceed with a suit.

I assume the title still shows the bank that initially financed the car..
If so, it's questionable whether the person you bought the car from had legal possession of the car in the first place.

Also, the fair market value of a salvage titled car is absolutely decimated.
Sight unseen, the best you could manage IMO is $2500... and that's with the current problems resolved. If you decide to make the repairs and use the car, do so knowing that you're best off keeping the car until it is fit only for the scrapyards.

No matter how this resolves itself, never buy a car without confirming the status of the title.
The time & money spent at the DMV to check things out beforehand is a pittance.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 05-07-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Ladyvalvamp

I'm going to be selling my 95 Integra if your in my area I live in Ohio and I have a clean title
Old 05-12-2008, 09:36 AM
1turbodc2
got boost?

Originally Posted by Ladyvalvamp
I'm going to be selling my 95 Integra if your in my area I live in Ohio and I have a clean title

that was pointless post...

i agree with OTD.. best of luck
Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
bnuk

I would move on this now, there are legal protections for just this type of situation but only for a certain preriod of time.