Notices

Timing and breather filters

Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 AM
perrotto
B18C1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing and breather filters

Does the same timing belt, water pump, and tensioner fit the vtec and non vtec integras(b18b&c)? Do breather filters help or harm a motor. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

If you use the vtec timing belt, you have to use the vtec water pump and vice versa.

If you still have the stock PCV system still intact and aren't running boost, you don't need a breather filter. The filters serve to vent excess crankcase pressure that exists when boost is introduced since the stock PCV valve doesn't open when boost is detected. Crankcase pressure is a combination of oil vapor and unburnt fuel. The PCV valve opens up to purge these gases into the intake manifold to be burned instead of vented to the atmosphere. Your current system is plenty efficient, so I would suggest leaving it alone.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
perrotto
B18C1

So nix the breather and do not use the non vtec pump, belt and tensioner for the b18c1. Thanks. I bought the timing kit for my b18b1 I currently have. I am going to upgrade to the b18c1 shortly. I was gonna use the new kit for the "new" motor but now I will not. Thanks again...:rockon:
Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You can use the non vtec belt and pump on a GSR. As long as the pump matches the belt, you can use them interchangeably.