Notices

Running lead wire.

Old 10-31-2002, 03:33 AM
ANVIL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running lead wire.

Hi.

I need to run a 12V lead from the engine compartment to the interior fuse box. The car is a 2003 Cl type-s. There's a lot of wire and harness under the dash and I can't see where they go through the firewall. Is it possible to run a wire through the transmission tunnel, and if so, how? Any suggestions or instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
ANVIL
Old 10-31-2002, 08:12 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

its hard to get a wire through the grommet where all the factory wires run. Sometimes there is an empty grommet in the firewall that you can poke a hole through and run your wire through that. Dont limit yourself to the driver side of the firewall either, check the passenger side too. Or if its really bad, you'll have to carefully drill a hole and pop a new grommet in it.

Is there any way you can run the wire to the engine bay fuse box, to save hassle??

whats the wire for?

I wouldnt advise running wires under the car.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:44 AM
ANVIL

Default lead wire

The wire is for a deer avoidance device. I already tried the underhood fuse box but it won't help because those fuses are always hot. I need this device to work only when the car is running.

Thanks,
ANVIL
Old 11-09-2002, 04:33 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

All Hondas have one master boot that has all the main interrior accessory wires run through it. It is always behind the master fuse box. Follow the master fuse box to the boot. Then from the inside of the car, using a straightened coat hanger, CAREFULLY poke it through the boot into the engine bay. Tie your wire around it, then pull it back. Now, if you need an accessory line to tap in to, I suggest looking under the drivers side, especially under the steering column. You can also look by the interrior fuse box at the kick pannel. Worse comes to worse, use the acc line at the radio. Your deer deterent has two lines, one for acc and the other for constant 12v, right? Acc lines arent designed for high current applications. If it doesn't, you'll need a relay if you want it to run only when the car is on. Other wise, you'll be blowing fuses all over the place. Just some advice (first hand experience is the best educator )
Old 11-14-2002, 02:51 AM
ANVIL

Default Wire

Thanks for the advice Fastball, I'll try it.

ANVIL