Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

April 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag

Old 04-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default April 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag

April 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag
CAMERA SHAKE
Besides a camera and sharp lenses, the tripod is my most important photographic tool. I'm into sharpness. If an image isn't perfectly in focus and free of camera shake, I haven't done my job. The tripod is my number one ally in the battle against camera shake. No image stabilization or vibration reduction lens technology, no amount of Photoshop skills or holding of breath can prevent camera shake and image softness better than a good tripod. Used properly with a remote cable release and mirror lockup, the tripod steadies the camera, the lens and the image plane to perfect stillness. It isolates the camera from my breathing, my pulse and any caffeine-induced jitters so often associated with pre-dawn shoots. When the shutter's open there should be zero movement. No part of my body should be touching the camera during exposure. No one should be sitting in or touching the car. Even the engine should be turned off to keep the car from shaking. When it comes to camera shake, there's no such thing as being too steady.

Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag
It's official. We ain't playin' around. Your Honda-related photography could just land you fresh Eibach gear, a set of Sportline or Pro-Kit springs or a brand-spankin'-new set of Eibach coilovers. Check out the fine print for contest rules and details.
E-Mail Submissions To :
editorial@hondatuningmagazine.com
(Include Oh Snaps in the subject) or via snail mail to:Honda Tuning Magazine/OH Snaps
2400 E. Katella Ave, Suite 1100
Anaheim, CA 92806

Keep things Honda/Acura-related and use your imagination. We need high-resolution images sized to a minimum of 4x4 inches-low-res snapshots and 3x5 prints will be tossed into the round filing cabinet. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information including your name, phone number, shipping address, e-mail address and website address (if applicable). No contact info, no prize.
Winners will be selected monthly by the Honda Tuning staff. Refrain from watermarking submitted images; the appropriate credit will be displayed next to all published works. Honda Tuning magazine reserves the right to publish, crop, resize and/or remove watermarks from all submitted images for the sole purpose of OH SNAPS in order to suit publication.
Monthly prizes: All entrants with submissions selected and published in OH SNAPS will receive Eibach hats, T-shirts and stickers. Prizes will be shipped to the contact information provided upon publication.
Quarterly prizes: One quarterly winner will receive his or her choice of Eibach, Sportline or Pro-Kit springs for his or her desired Honda/Acura application. The winner will be selected from previous OH SNAPS monthly winners. The quarterly winner will be announced concurrent with publication in the June and September issues and will be contacted for prize redemption upon publication.
The Grand Prize: One grand-prize winner will receive a complete set of Eibach coilovers for his or her desired Honda/Acura application. The grand-prize winner will be selected from previous OH SNAPS monthly and/or quarterly winners. The grand-prize winner will be announced concurrent with publication in the December issue and will be contacted for prize redemption upon publication.

Photo Gallery: April 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...