Notices

Swapping auto for 5 speed

Old 04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
whywhine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping auto for 5 speed

What kind of problems will i be looking at to swap an auto for in place of 5 speed in an 95 integra both trans are out of the same models cars,thanks for any help.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

Unless you've done a lot to the car already, i'd just look into buying a 5sped gsr. The amount of work and hassle to do the swap imo is not worth it.

Gsr integras are fairly cheap nowadays and i think buying a new platform is better use of the money rather then having an LS 5sepd.

I know it sucks to have to go look at a new car and sell your current ls but it'll be worth it.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
whywhine

HAHAHA NO no,im getting the 5 speed trans for the trade of my automatic,i bought a wrecked car and stripped it and was doing the swap so id have me a 5 speed for my hatchback b18b swap,so i have all parts just wondering what it involed to do the swap,not interested in gsr either im doing a turbo at some point in time,and got my swap cheap so ill make what i got work,i just wanted an idea on how hard to do the auto for 5 speed swap thats it!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
honura
Seni

It's not hard at all. If you look through my posts you will find one that well actually like 50 that I have covered this topic. Search!!!!!!!!!!

But really it's not that hard. Rip the auto shifter out and the plate that is under it. Could be a bit of a pain but it's simple shit. Remove auto tranny, torque converter plate. and that's it.

Here is where it starts getting fun.
Install clucth pedal
Install hydro lines to tranny
Install your fly wheel ( with the new 5speed studs) auto ones are too short
Install clutch
replace rear t bracket
replace half shaft
Mount tranny to the engine
Use the auto to 5speed hasport mount
Install torque mount and bracket in front
Install shift linkage. There will be 2 holes where the old shifter is (use those)
Jump the 2 big wires on the auto shifter harness (can't remember the colors) but there is only 2 fat ones on the harness
Run wires for your reverse lights
Swap ecu's but you dont really need too.

Axels are the same (don't let anyone tell you diffrent) and thats it.
You can also use your auto halfshaft but you will need some washers and it's not that safe.

Goodluck .

Seems harder then what it is.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
luckybays

Default doing it too.

hey man i'm also doing the swap real soon. i almost got all the stuff together, i got everything down, hopefully i'll be doing the swap in a month or so. since u go the donor car it should be a piece of cake, just do a lot of research before doing a project like this. if you don't have the repair manual, download it here. http://spoonhonda.com/index_mozilla.htm. get all the info you can, they also show you how to do everything including the wiring, torque spec and all that good stuff. i already install the master cylinder and the hydraulic line and the clutch pedal. piece of cake. fyi the hard hydraulic line is almost impossible to put in, i suggest you get some flexible braided hydraulic line. good luck with the swap, keep my updated since maybe you'll be doing this before me.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
luckybays

Originally Posted by honura
i've read a transmission swap threat of a Integra, unsure what generation. but they said the top manual tranny mount will will line up to the tranny but they tranny will sit a bit lower, adding some shim will do the trick. is there any true to this, or will the tranny and mount will not line up at all? please tell me, because the hasport cost around $150.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:49 AM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by luckybays
i've read a transmission swap threat of a Integra, unsure what generation. but they said the top manual tranny mount will will line up to the tranny but they tranny will sit a bit lower, adding some shim will do the trick. is there any true to this, or will the tranny and mount will not line up at all? please tell me, because the hasport cost around $150.

It will not line up. You can also remove the bracket that is welded to the frame and once everything is setting in the engine bay you can relocate it and weld it back on. But this is not recommended.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

Originally Posted by honura
It's not hard at all. If you look through my posts you will find one that well actually like 50 that I have covered this topic. Search!!!!!!!!!!

But really it's not that hard. Rip the auto shifter out and the plate that is under it. Could be a bit of a pain but it's simple shit. Remove auto tranny, torque converter plate. and that's it.

Here is where it starts getting fun.
Install clucth pedal
Install hydro lines to tranny
Install your fly wheel ( with the new 5speed studs) auto ones are too short
Install clutch
replace rear t bracket
replace half shaft
Mount tranny to the engine
Install torque mount and bracket in front
Install shift linkage. There will be 2 holes where the old shifter is (use those)
Jump the 2 big wires on the auto shifter harness (can't remember the colors) but there is only 2 fat ones on the harness
Run wires for your reverse lights
Swap ecu's but you dont really need too.

Axels are the same (don't let anyone tell you diffrent) and thats it.
You can also use your auto halfshaft but you will need some washers and it's not that safe.

Goodluck .

Seems harder then what it is.
About how much did everything cost as far as parts go to do the full swap assuming you did it yourself?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
honura
Seni

Honestly I don't know. I got all the parts for free. I would get the parts at a pick and pull if anything.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM
whywhine

Im removing the 5 speed because im getting it for my hatchback b18b swap and installing a automatic in the integra...i think every body is miss understanding what im saying....swapping automatic in to a 5 speed car!!!