Notices

Seatbelt Problem

Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 PM
smgtech
Honda Powered.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seatbelt Problem

My front Drive side seat belt is very slow at retracting. I have to guide it slowly for it to go back. Has anyone had this problem and how do you fix it?

I have 03 Accord Coupe.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never had that problem, but Seat Belts are covered under lifetime warranty.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 AM
srikid

Is it really true that seatbelts are covered under lifetime warranty. My driver side seat belt just randomly pops out the click thingie while driving. I have to click my driver side seat belt into the passenger thing just to feel safe.

Is this covered by the dealer?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Yes.

The dealer will repair ANYTHING seatbelt related for free. My car currently has the seat belt popping out issue. I have an appointment to get the part replaced at $0 charge.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not anymore; it depends on the year & what warranty was offered at that time. Our 2007 Civic warranty book says the seatbelt warranty is 150k miles or 15 years.
(Our 2003 Accord says 'for the life of the vehicle')
Old 01-17-2008, 03:07 PM
smgtech
Honda Powered.

I recently had a seat belt tensioner issue my aribag light was coming on out of the blue. I took it back and they fixed it for free... I believe there is a lifetime waranty on all Airbag and seatbelts...but i asked about my selt belt problem and there is not waranty see its a "luxury" for you seat belt to roll back where it belongs it doesn't save your life what does save your life is if you seat belt holds you form going through the window. So i would say that you probably will be coverd under the waranty if you seatbelt is poping out or if you seat belt does not hold you back when breaks are aplyed. But check you seatbelt to make sure no frys are down in the cracks before you take it in lol! But they told me on my issue that after years the seat belt threads get bigger which makes it hard for it roll back fast....I believe that is bull crap! Because to me i think its a spring i just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem?