Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Are all Tie & strut bars created equal?

Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 AM
T-RO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are all Tie & strut bars created equal?

I found a guy that has an Ebay business selling parts. He sells Tie bars, and Strut bars REAL cheap on ebay. Like $15, or $20! My questioon is are they any good? Are you really just paying for the appearance and the DC engraving on the more expensive ones? Will these hold up like a Neuspeed one or will they break in half at the first corner?

I'm looking for rear tie and strut bars so thats why i'm wondering.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2002, 09:27 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I've heard from people that the ebay ones are decent. However DC sports sucks ass, you could bend their bar in half with your barehands. Neuspeed is definatly the way to go. I have Neuspeed Front and Rear Strut Bar and Rear Lower Tie Bar. Tanabe and Cusco make Front Lower Tie Bars which the american companies haven't seemed to produce, I have the Cusco, I like it.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:58 AM
Mugenlude

Location: Lower Wisconsin Car: Black '97 Prelude Chicagoland Prelude Club

You get what you pay for, PERIOD!
Old 10-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Tobra

Originally posted by Mugenlude
You get what you pay for, PERIOD!
What he said, do your homework on it, preferable to drive a car with parts you covet
Old 10-20-2002, 06:11 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Are all Tie & strut bars created equal?

Originally posted by T-RO
Will these hold up like a Neuspeed one or will they break in half at the first corner?

Thanks
Their not going to break, they're just not going to reduce twisting at all. Look at the ends, where the bar itself meets the end part that bolts to the car. If there is only one bolt holding these two parts together on either side, the bar is still able to flex at this joint. If there are two on either side, then movement is significantly limited.

The benefit of a neuspeed is that there aren't any joints at all. The whole thing is welded together (for the front upper) The rear upper has the two-bolt configuration i mentioned. the front lower is a solid aluminum peice, and the rear lower is held rigid by the endlink being screwed into the bar and held with loctite.

As mentioned before, you get what you pay for. My neuspeeds are great, but I'd reccomend getting them used because of the $$$
Old 10-21-2002, 02:56 AM
T-RO

Well I picked up a rear strut bar online for $7.99 + shipping. I should get it by end of the week or next week. I'll check it out and let you guys know if it REALLY sux...