Notices

99 accord 2.3 vtech tranny fluid change

Old 10-03-2007, 05:49 AM
k man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 accord 2.3 vtech tranny fluid change

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here, with a couple of q's about my 99 accord. The car has 60K and runs good, just got it from my father in law. He has never changed the tranny fluid so I think it needs to be done. Fluid is red, doesnt't smell burnt and shifts good.
Q#1 Does the car have to be level when draining fluid, or can the front end be raised with back wheels on the ground?

Q#2 Is it worth it to buy honda fluid or is a napa product just as good

Q#3 whats the easiest way to refill, through dipstick hole or through fill plug, (do I need special funnel for fill plug)

thanks,

k man
Old 10-03-2007, 06:30 AM
1998accordlx
VTEC INSIDE

A1: i would say keep the car on flat surface level to drain properly although you will not get all the bad fluid out since there will still be about 2quarts left in your torque converter.

A2: Honda Transmissions are very sensetive and it is highly recommended that you dont flush the tranny and use honda ATF only

A3: i would do it through the dip stick hole and would pickup a long neck funnel from autozone.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:06 AM
flyromeo3

^^^...x 2.

I usually jack up the car slightly on the left side so i can drain it out.
Then I level the car off and use a long neck funnel and pour it in where the dip stick is.

Do not flush the tranny. No matter what anyone says, listen to us ! DO NOT FLUSH.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:39 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

It's automatic I take it?