Notices

is it my clutch or my transmissions?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM
sweetteg909
seeking a gsr in florida

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it my clutch or my transmissions?

i've recently ran into a problem right after driving all night at work happened out of no where, my car revs fine(in neutral or with clutch engaged), but i'm lettin' out the clutch in any/all gears, it'll let out a metallic clunking noise, and even with the clutch fully disengaged, still won't move or anything, i took apart the transmission, clutch looked ok, so put in a spare and newer transmission(current one was my original 94' ls, this one's '98 ls), and remounted everything and tried it... same problem, took it back apart, found a little plasic, or aluminum piece in the pressure plate, removed that, tried it again(in gear), and though i had no headers on, my step dad, swore he had heard the noise still, so, we took the clutch's slave cylinder off, i was just holding it in my hands as he started the car(in gear), and with no active clutch, axles were not moving...

so i'm gonna guess i need a new clutch?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Is it the original clutch? Being a 94 it probably is, I would change it.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
CrazyX

when i first bought my teggy from some puerto rican...lol...anyways, it needed a clutch badly. it was making a clunk noise from time to time and it was my flywheel actually. it had a huge gouge in her from the clutch disk being so worn out. replace your clutch with a new one and install a new flywheel and it shouldn't make anymore clunking noises.