Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Scientists cure cancer, but no one takes notice.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
Only if you take a shot with me
kekekeke bleach partaaayyy
Old 05-14-2007, 03:11 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RicoD
Instead of grain in the jungle juice we use bleach :cheers:
Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
project_hatch
Power by Uncle Ben's Rice

Originally Posted by RicoD
Can we all wear white nikes too?

That way, when there are 30 dead bodies, they'll think it was a cult gathering.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by mayonaise
Would it be worse than dying from cancer? Answer: no.
Could be. Nerve damage often causes significant pain.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by Kestrel
Could be. Nerve damage often causes significant pain.
Well I honestly don't know what it feels like to have nerve damage, and have never known anyone that had it. But I do know what it feels like to watch someone slowly suffer and die right in front of you, as cancer takes over their body cell by cell.

Alive and free of cancer > nerve damage. Period.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

Now that's a blatant unbacked up statement. If you know anyone with nerve pain then you'll know no one wants to live with that pain constantly. It's a pain so bad you'll rather want to die. I had nerve damage when they pulled my wisdom teeth and I have a high tolerance of pain and it was worse than when I split my chin open after hitting a hurdle. Being alive and in a more constant pain on a 24/7 basis would suck and I'd not wish to have a cure if the cure resulted in a pain worse than the prior thing killing me.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:53 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

cancer/aids/idiots....are all part of population control as well as a big money maker....there will never be a cure
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Well I honestly don't know what it feels like to have nerve damage, and have never known anyone that had it. But I do know what it feels like to watch someone slowly suffer and die right in front of you, as cancer takes over their body cell by cell.

If the pain is so bad that you can't get out of bed without help? That you're always on morphine or some other opiates and can never think straight? You have no life at this point. So yeah, think about it before you say nerve damage isn't suffering.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:39 AM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by Anthony
Now that's a blatant unbacked up statement. If you know anyone with nerve pain then you'll know no one wants to live with that pain constantly. It's a pain so bad you'll rather want to die. I had nerve damage when they pulled my wisdom teeth and I have a high tolerance of pain and it was worse than when I split my chin open after hitting a hurdle. Being alive and in a more constant pain on a 24/7 basis would suck and I'd not wish to have a cure if the cure resulted in a pain worse than the prior thing killing me.
Originally Posted by Kestrel
If the pain is so bad that you can't get out of bed without help? That you're always on morphine or some other opiates and can never think straight? You have no life at this point. So yeah, think about it before you say nerve damage isn't suffering.
Did I say that nerve damage isn't suffering? You guys are probably right, but in my mind taking DCA with the potential risk of some nerve damage would still be worth it. Current cancer treatments already offer hundreds of other painful and lasting side effects. Maybe in my limited view, having watched three family members slowly succumb to cancer, I'm a little biased. It is hard to imagine anything being worse than that.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:48 AM
jlammy
w00t

I don't think we will ever find a cure for cancer or AIDS......population control ya know JK. I am talking out of my ass.

Anyhow, from what the editor wrote the "cure" is not actually a cure and is still being researched and it's sad that it should receive more attention. Also, this is his OPINION....not a fact. We're quick to jump to conclusion these days....so.....if we have any real medical expert in the house to give us a better explanation?

And yeah.....there are many things that can kill diseases...the challenge is to not let it kill you....like Chancypoo said

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008