Notices

Oxygen Sensor - location?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

advance sells a bosch replacement for $80 worked for me.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they're saying the code is for a bank 1 sensor 2 then it would be the sensor closest to the back of the car after the cat.

That is fucking bullshit about the 50k mile crap. Stop going to Midas and go to the dealer where they actually know what they're talking about and not throwing bullshit at you.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:29 PM
JKAE
2000TEGLS4DR

once you change exhaust you should change the both o2s due to the fact they werent reading right with a bad exhaust leak and probably damaged them-figure u had exhaust leak to change the pipe!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:45 AM
aalwenman

Yeah, I'm over it with Midas - just needed them to lift the car and give me the DTC for free so I could see everything for myself. You can't believe the never-ending stream of crap these guys dealt me. Thanks for confirming that the HO2S "death at 50k" line was total BS.

I was wondering about the possibility that the leak in the B-pipe damaged one or both HO2 sensors, as JKAE suggested.

Going to the dealer.

BTW, of you ever have a problem with them, Midas HQ will not do jack to help you with the branch. They give you the line "we can only suggest that the 'area representative' call you" (which is also BS - the individually-owned-and-operated franchises do not report to any corporate regional supervisor; the "area rep" is typically the franchise owner him- or herself). If you don't get satisfaction from the branch where you had the service performed, your only recourse is through the BBB or your state's office of the attorney general. And who wouldn't want to spend several fun-filled hours slogging through that complaint process?