Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

> > > Slalom.... < < <

Old 10-06-2002, 09:07 PM
stephan
:exnbp:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default > > > Slalom.... < < <

Anyone know the best technique to go around slalom cones? I was told if they are closer I should slow down and if they are wider out I should be at WOT. But the thing is one of the isntructor was telling me my steering input was a bit too sharp and that i turn to slow. Any advice and tips from the pros plz
Old 10-07-2002, 06:46 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

When I instruct I tell most people when they go through a slalom they always try to go through the middle of each set of cones. Which is the wrong way. You want the rear inside tire running over the front left or right lip so that your car would look something like this:

/ or \
o o

You should still be making 'esses' or 'S' through the slalom.

Another way to do slaloms is to pace the distance between cones. Sometimes the distance gets smaller which means you have to slow down. Sometimes the distance increases which means you can add more throttle through them. And sometimes they are offset so you can either drive a straighter line through them or not.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Mugenlude

Location: Lower Wisconsin Car: Black '97 Prelude Chicagoland Prelude Club

You should try to LATE apex each slalom cone.