Notices

drivers multiplex control unit help/swap

Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM
stoneyb245

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers multiplex control unit help/swap

hello all,noob to these boards here after knockin my dash lights out on a stereo install,and going through the fuses thing(ok) and weeks of reading and driving around in the dark,i ran across a thread from this forum with hopefully the answer i've been looking for.
i believe after all my reading its a common problem(maybe for morons who dont know like me),but i read a thread regarding the drivers multiplex control unit,115 from majestic,1 guy said it took like 10 mins,and another said it was a royal pain.
so if anyone has ever switched this part out or can offer any advice on doing this job,i would appreciate any input,thanks in advance

98 accord ex,4cyl
Old 01-03-2007, 04:11 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it takes me about 10-20 mins to swap out that unit but theres not much room there tho, you have to unbolt & unclip the fusebox unplug the green plug to the multiplexer unit, for me the tool of choice is a right angle pick tool as you have to pry the clips and the unit at the same time if you mess up the clip next to it clips back on!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:45 PM
stoneyb245

thanks for the reply stereo!,found the part for 85 bucks,just hoping i can handle it,little leery of messing with electrical stuff,i was down looking at the box tonight,when i found the original thread,and i'm assuming the unit is the sqare looking box behind the fuse box,mines blue?,but basicall,unbolt at the side,take off the plugs from the fuse box,get it out of the way and get the clip of the back and it comes out?,thanks sooo much for the help
Old 01-05-2007, 09:04 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$85 is pretty cheep since that unit list for $135 and they are model specific 2 or 4 door lx & ex if the unit is a diffrent color be carefull the S82 = 2 door and S84 = 4 door. to install unbolt the 10mm bolts holding the fusebox and push on the retaning clips should losen the fusebox up ( disconnect the battery first & have radio code handy) unplug the green plug on the multiplexer then for the fun part! use a 90 degree pick tool and pry the clips holding the unit in with a twisting motion after that the new one just pops in or unplug the fusebox far enough and use a screwdriver to get it out.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:26 AM
stoneyb245

cool,thanks again stereo,yeah the list is 115 at majestic,but they have it for 85,thought that was nice,but thanks for the steps and the help
Old 07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
cdutta

I know this is an 'old' post.

I have the same problem on my 98 Accord Sedan V6. After checking the dimmer circuit which gives me 0-20Kohms if I turn it, and after reading all the various threads regarding this problem on this forum and driveaccord.net forum, I am quite certain I have to replace the Driver's side multiplex unit.

bernardiparts.com has it at $85 + $10 shipping.

I am a bit diffident about the replacement job. I know many people have done it. can somebody point me to a detailed description for this replacement job.

Thanks.