Notices

Keyless entry problem - can't turn off alarm

Old 01-15-2007, 07:58 PM
shipu7la

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silversport
I had the same problem on my 99 Accord a year ago. Factory alarm. Only difference was that the key fob would sometimes unlock the passenger door but not the driver door. The car would usually start, sometimes not but it would set off the horn. The whole problem was intermittent. Turned out to be the passenger side multiplexer ($120 part, $180 to install). I think the install is pretty easy if you want to do it yourself. I can get the part # later today if you are interested.
Yea please post the part number. Looking forward to replace mine too.

Bill.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:54 AM
silversport

sorry...

The part replaced was the Passenger Side Multiplex Control Unit.

Part # 38850-S84-A23.

This was for a 99 Accord EX 4-dr. My understaning is that the unit is different depending on trim level and # of doors (4 dr or 2 dr). So don't go by this part # alone.

Looking at the bill, Honda charged me $225 for labor!!! My understanding is that this is not a hard job, although I do not have any instructions. You do have to reprogram your remotes after replacing the unit....
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dayum.... you got ripped off in labor charges.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 AM
silversport

it's not the first time I've taken it up the rear by a dealership, and probably won't be the last...

at the time, I was so relieved the they were able to diagnose the problem (was my third trip in for this problem, the first two times the car behaved while there) that I didn't really care. Normally I would have just ordered the part and done it myself...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silversport
it's not the first time I've taken it up the rear by a dealership, and probably won't be the last...

at the time, I was so relieved the they were able to diagnose the problem (was my third trip in for this problem, the first two times the car behaved while there) that I didn't really care. Normally I would have just ordered the part and done it myself...
true.

i forgot that charge covered diagnostics