Notices

intkae and exhaust ques.

Old 10-03-2002, 04:26 PM
type-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intkae and exhaust ques.

can anyone tell me if a aem intake or comptech exhaust will void my factory warrenty. also if any of you have it, hows it sound?...those of the 2 products ive been looking at for my 03 type-s...my main concern tho is if these parts will atually make a differnece on a type-s because they can be used on a normal TL...cause if im not mistaken...i think the type-s's already have intake and exhaust changes...

oh..and if anyone can suggest better products then the aem or comtech systems pleas tell me..only the best for my acura!...thanx

oh..and any other modifications you guys can suggest would be good...im also looking for a good set of srpings htat wont mees up my camber to bad...
Old 10-03-2002, 08:32 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

You should be asking this question to the Acura dealership you go to because each dealership will give you a different answer. Basically, if your car needs warranty work, they have to prove that it was your modification that caused it. Highly unlikely if you are just putting on an intake and an exhaust.

I've had all my mods for over 3 years now, dealership never gave me a problem.

You might want to wait for the Comptech icebox to come out, it is more quiet than the AEM and it looks very factory like. You might also want to consider in getting the Comptech headers, they give a maximum of 32hp to the wheels and you will feel that power.

By the way, Comptech exhaust sound very nice. Not too loud but has a nice low rumble.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-04-2002, 08:44 AM
type-s

thanx..i was thinking about the headers..but i heard that all the power is high up in the rev's......and i dont want to spend 1200 on something that i cant really use cause i dont get up there as often as i like...im actuley looking for some more power downlow..if you can suggest any products that i could use...or if im wrong..and the comptechs will give poewr thru the whole power band
Old 10-04-2002, 02:24 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I don't know about the Type S but for the regular TL with Comptech headers, it does give increase ower throughout the powerband. If you are looking for more low end power, I don't think you are going to find much out there. Even intake will take away some of your low end but it is worth it since you get about 10hp to the wheels around mid to high end.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.